L’elite’s Bridal Boutique brings to Boston a wide range of bridal gowns in unique styles and fabrics. We carry 10 designers of European and American heritage; all of whom range from the traditional to modern and Couture. The distinctive styles are abundant, refined, and luxurious. Our Boutique is an open concept; we offer you the opportunity to view the most current collections presented from these designers. The collections feature varying price ranges to offer all of our brides an opportunity to find their dream gown. Our expert consultants will preview the collection with the bride and offer guidance when choosing the fabric, color, and style that she has envisioned for her perfect gown. All showings are by appointment only. The show room is located at 14 Newbury Street on the second floor of the Boutique.
Tips while shopping for your bridal gown:
- The appointments are scheduled for an hour to allow enough time for the bride to view and try the collection.
- It’s important to have a date and venue; this allows the consultant to help you choose a gown for your setting.
- Pictures from magazines and websites are helpful, but come with an open mind; you may be surprised that a style you did not imagine may be your gown!
- Be concise on likes and dislikes. (Do you prefer beads or lace, white or ivory?) These points help you to narrow down your choices from the hundreds of gowns.
- Have a budget in mind. Ask the consultants if they have gowns that are in your price range. Remember you have accessories and alterations to consider.
- It is always a great idea to limit the number of friends that come with you, bring one or two people who know you best. Too many opinions can make it confusing. Remember this is your wedding and your wedding dress–so have fun!
- If you do not see what you are looking for, ask about custom bridal gowns.
- To ensure the privacy of our designers and clients, we ask that photos and video not be taken in the Boutique.
Ordering My Gown
- Most designers take 4-6 months for gowns to arrive. There are exceptions and rushes that are available for additional charge. We do offer sample sales throughout the year for brides who need gowns sooner.
- Sizing for wedding gowns does differ from each designer, and our trained consultants will take measurements and recommend the best size for you. Some designers will offer custom sizing for an additional charge. However, no matter how accurate the measurements are, there are additional alterations that will be needed to truly customize the gown for your shape and height. All alterations are at an additional cost.
- A required 60% deposit for all orders and balance is paid upon arrival of your gown. Once orders are placed, we cannot make changes, however we can order additional fabric, beading, or lace.
Once my Gown Arrives
- When your gown arrives to L’elite, your bridal consultant will inspect and check to make sure the gown has arrived to the specifications of the order. The consultant will call you to inform you that it has arrived.
- We do offer shipping both nationally and internationally for additional fees.
- It is up to the bride to schedule all fittings and alteration appointments directly with the Atelier Boutique.
- We usually schedule an average of three to four fittings with you including: a first consultation, a second fitting, and final fitting. If additional fittings are needed we will assist you with the scheduling and timing. Generally alterations begin at least 10-12 weeks before your wedding day; and rush alterations are available at no additional charge.
- L’elite does offer alterations on gowns not purchased from our Boutique. There is a non-returnable consultation fee to ensure the integrity of our services. Please call the Atelier Boutique for additional information.
Bridal Trunk Show Tips
L’elite offers bridal trunk shows for most of the designers we carry. They allow you to view the entire collection for that season. This opportunity helps focus your search and make the right choices for your special event. We have a few helpful tips when booking an appointment for a trunk show.
- All bridal trunk shows are by appointment only. They run Thursday through Sunday.
- If you are looking for bridal or bridesmaids, we suggest that you try on various styles of dresses before you come; it is not necessary for this to be your first time.
- All events and trunk shows will focus primarily on the designer that is showing their collection during that particular event; and viewing L’elite’s full collection of designers will be limited.
- Ask if the designer you are interested in is within your budget.